Senior Care - Problem
Today, part of effective senior care involves empowering the patient through independence. This can involve being responsible for taking daily medications and adhering to healthy habits. Seniors are embracing “Active Aging”, a proactive way of living that balances growing older with the active pursuit of quality of life. Changing economic conditions are making it more difficult for family caregivers to adequately manage critical daily needs, including medication regimens, of senior relatives aging at home or in senior living communities.
- For seniors, medication non-adherence accounts for 26% of hospital admissions.
- 25% of nursing home admissions and 20% of preventable adverse drug events occur in community settings.
Senior Care - Remedy
Utilizing CMT’s technology amongst seniors can have the following benefits:
- Enhances health and wellbeing, which allows residents to live independently longer.
- Increases community owner/operator profitability by delaying the need for a higher level of institutional care for community residents.
- Provides reliable and actionable information when interventions may be required, thus lessening stress on family members.
- Enables more efficient management of home care agency patients resulting in reduced staffing costs, longer at-home residency, and increased profitability.
- Helps alleviate “caregiver burnout” by reducing the need for family members and friends to supervise routine tasks, including daily medication management, that are critical to maximizing senior health.