Branded Pharmaceuticals - Problem
Branded Pharmaceuticals often don’t offer integrated adherence programs beyond simple dosage instructions and educational materials. Medications are very often misused (as low as 34% regimen adherence rates in the outpatient setting), which translates into lower medication efficacy than advertised, negative brand perception, and suboptimal therapy persistency. This leads to scrutiny from at-risk stakeholders regarding pricing, effectiveness and formulary access.
Branded Pharmaceuticals - Remedy
Branded pharmaceutical teams utilizing CMT’s technology can have the following benefits:
- Real-time communication that allows early intervention to address misuse before problems become more severe.
- Ensuring dose instructions are followed may reduce risks of serious adverse events (SAEs).
- Better therapy adherence leads to higher persistency, lessening resistance to therapy that may yield migration to second line therapy under medications from a different manufacturer.
- Better adherence leads to better health outcomes and longer patient lives and higher lifetime sales.
- Enhanced touch points across clinical continuum create competitive barriers, increase real-world efficacy, strengthens positioning with patients, providers and payers.
- Data and metadata provides real-world insights into brand utilization.