At Risk Providers - Problem
As healthcare has shifted from quantity of care and fee for service to quality and value based payment systems, stakeholders are taking more responsibilities, and inevitably more risks. The proper analytical tools with the proper implementations are crucial to the success of these teams to improve quality and the overall health of patients- while controlling costs. Poor medication adherence limits effective management and control of chronic illnesses. Non-adherence increases the likelihood of preventable disease progression, increased hospitalizations, avoidable doctor and emergency room visits, and other problems arising from poor health, which can significantly increase costs.
At Risk Providers - Remedy
Utilizing CMT’s technology can have the following benefits:
- Better medication adherence reduces patient hospital readmissions.
- Reducing hospital readmissions enhances profitability.
- More effective treatment, fewer adverse events, and better patient outcomes with fewer visits aligns with migration from fee-for-service to value based care.
- Provides insight to therapy level effectiveness.
- Helps chronic condition management.
- According to studies, every $1 increase in adherence related prescription spending reduced total medical costs by - $10 for hypertension, $8 for congestive heart failure, $7 for diabetes, $5 for high cholesterol and $4 for high blood pressure.