Addiction Treatment - Problem
Including drugs in outpatient programs can be highly effective, however, monitoring medication regimen compliance is difficult, and there is often patient misuse and diversion of medications, particularly during the maintenance stage of recovery.
- 2.3 million Americans abuse opioid prescriptions.
- Each day, more than 60 people die from an opioid-related overdose.
- 53% of individuals with drug addictions have at least one serious mental illness medication that has high propensity of misuse.
Addiction Treatment - Remedy
Utilizing CMT’s technology within this industry can yield the following benefits:
- Advances abstinence by reducing risk of non-compliance and diversion.
- Prevents accidental treatment medication poisoning of children and other family members.
- Allows real-time adherence communication for early intervention and reduction in relapse rates.
- Facilitates adherence tracking between appointments.
- Promotes stable and sustained recovery lifestyle by decreasing in-person daily supervision.
- Lowers provider costs by decreasing staffing levels and re-admittance rates to in-patient programs.
- Automates recording of medication dispensing for electronic regimen reconciliation for inpatient and outpatient program participants.